Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lessons in storytelling

Today after work I walked to Waterloo Records to buy the new Dan Deacon record. Ordinarily this would make for a pretty piss poor post, but check this: After I left Waterloo I found TEN DOLLARS on the sidewalk!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this part. Right after I picked it up I said, "No fucking shit" out loud. I don't know what I meant by that exactly.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Do you realize that you just ended the classic "and then I found 10 dollars in the street" story WITH "and then I found 10 dollars in the street"!?! Jesus.

    I had a "No fucking shit" moment about three years ago (that was unbelievably hilarious, by the way. I laughed so hard) - it resulted in me using the phrase "Oh my fuck" as part of my vocabulary since then. I think you should do it, too.

    (pause, reflecting)

    We're so vulgar.

    (pause), then:

    SEE! I TOLD YOU YOU'RE THE NEXUS OF IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would appreciate this post priya. And I am not the the nexus of your vulgarity!! We both just happen to be be vulgar.

    One time I was in a post office waiting in line. This man came in and was obviously bothered by the number of people in line. He shouted "MY DAMN" and bitched about how they are so slow there. I don't know what he was thinking though. Doesn't everyone everywhere expect lines in the post office?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Yeah! That's, like, common knowledge, isn't it?

    PS You STILL haven't posted about the bus stop incident (when we were on the phone) and what happened after we hung up.

    ReplyDelete