Today I was in Wal-mart waiting for my dad near the check out. There was a little girl's jacket on the floor. I picked it up and started to ask this little girl if it was hers. She was obviously shy and wanted nothing to do with me. Her older sister said it was hers so I gave it to her instead. The older girl handed the younger one the jacket, who immediately threw it back on the ground with all her effort. I just laughed and gave up. At this point, I guess the girl's mother and grandmother saw what was happening. From across the checkout alley they begin apologizing profusely. There was really no need for this so I just smiled and responded, "Oh, it's ok." A minute or two later the adults pass by and continue to apologize. I'm guessing there was some sort of language barrier at this point because the grandmother said, "ehhh....stress"
Literally while this situation was unfolding, I saw the best thing ever. There was a boy who was probably about 7 scooting around on yellow plastic dump truck. At first I thought he was enjoying his brand new purchase, but then I saw the dirt stains collected in the front scoop part. What a sweet trade-off. "You have to come to Wal-Mart with me." "Only if I can bring my dump truck!" As he and his mom past me this was their conversation:
Mom: Yeah, isn't that a cool wheelchair?
Boy: Yeah! Its makes sitting easier!
Hashtag Blessed, Basically
12 years ago
They really do make sitting easier. Take it from me. My first wheelchair *was* a yellow dump truck. God knows why I let it go.
ReplyDelete